Sunday 3 April 2011

Flexible Syns - because this week I need them!

I went out last night, I tried to be good but on totalling up the syns I seemed to have gone totally off the rails - oops! So for the first time ever (well in the 10 years I have been playing at Slimming World) I am going to give this flexible syn thing a go.

The theory is that every so often we need more than our allotted 105 syns a week, no amount of saving up or cutting down is going to give you enough flexibility for this particular week.  So you set yourself a goal of how many syns you are planning on having in one day, say an extra 30 above your normal allowance, you count them, if it isn't enough you just count some more.  You get to the end of the day write them all down and draw a line under them.  The next day you go back to having your regular allowance of 15 syns of whatever you usually have.

Yesterday I went out to Loch Fyne, I chose really well I thought - a sharing platter which was pretty much all fish.  Moules Provençal, which is mussels with a tomato sauce, and I left most of the sauce. I had one small slice of wholemeal bread and two tiny pieces of white French bread.  Then there was the wine 3 x 175ml glasses hmm 18 syns there; worse still there was the dessert, oh dear chocolate cheesecake with lemon sorbet and a spicy pineapple compote.  OK it was lovely but at approx 21 syns that really pushed up my count.  So adding it all up I had a total of 60.5 syns yesterday.

Best case scenario
I had already had 21 syns so that is 81.5 syns.  I usually have about 30 on a Saturday so I could count 30.5 as flexible syns.  That means I had eaten 51 non flexible syns. I had 29 non flexible syns today so that means I have had 80 non flexible syns and should have 25 non flexible syns left for the rest of the week.

Worse case scenario
I count all 60.5 as flexible syns so I only had 21 non flexible syns plus 29 non flexible syns today which gives me a total of 50 none flexible syns.  leaving me with 55 non flexible syns for the rest of the week.

The idea is not to feel deprived so I suppose it depends how the week goes I can choose to have between 25 and 55 syns and still remain in control.  I will obviously try for the lower amount, but will try not to throw the teddy out if I go closer to the upper amount.

To summarise I either have 105 (plus 30.5 flexible syns) or 105 (plus 60.5 flexible syns) or somewhere in the middle.  Do flexible syns work? We will see on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment