Friday 5 August 2011

What is it with changing everything I like so it isn't syn free

Last month the devastating news that Joe's Sausages would no longer be certified as free nearly broke my heart and then it was quorn sausages, now it is muller light - the staples of slimming world are under attack! 

For anyone who hasn't heard, or seen; the newly packaged muller lights are a different recipe, this means that the rhubarb, mandarin and banana and custard yoghurts (my favourites) are all syn-ed.  They are 1/2 a syn each ,which isn't a lot but means that you can't eat them with reckless abandon anymore and who wants to use their syns on 'yoghurts' for goodness sake. 

I have been advised that the yoghurt technicians (that is quite a cool job title) are working to get the syns down again, clearly muller must realise the majority of their sales are from us Slimming World devotees - so lets hope they manage it, what I don't get is what was wrong with the old recipe, why is it always change, change, change. Boo hiss!

Right rant over, off to do some work now!

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why they changed the recipe either, I had a mandarin one yesterday and it's thicker but it tastes just the same. I'm going to still get joes sausages as I heard it was because of evil butchers pretending theirs were syn free when they weren't so they weren't certifying anyone but I guess if the recipe hasn't changed I might be ok. I loved the quorn sausages but will not use syn on fake meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on all of the above, I had a rhubarb, I liked it better before. I think it is crazy that Slimming World will support big businesses that sell in supermarkets but not the little guys. Maybe if Joe's get in Morrisons they will be back on the SW list. Why do some idiots have to ruin it for everyone else, definitely going to stick with them, too nice not to!

    ReplyDelete