Tuesday 29 March 2011

The Diet Struggle Continues !

I am having a bad diet week, I am still within the weekly syns but am struggling to maintain focus.  I can't work out why I get like this.  Is it boredom or a sense of why try so hard for such a small loss? I seem to get to week 4 and lose motivation. Keeping the diary is the only thing that is keeping me on plan at all, I nearly stopped at the weekend when I was eating everything in sight, but I wrote it all down on a scrap of paper and sat down while the kids were watching Karate Kid and worked out the syns.

I very nearly ate a McDonald's on Sunday, I checked the syns before we set off and decided that there was no way I was wasting that many on junk food; so while he and the not so little dears stuffed their faces, I had a coffee and a free bag of fruit (from an instant win on the monopoly game) instead.  OK I admit it... I stole a single chip, a small bite of a cheeseburger (well we won that too - so it was free), and a sip of banana milkshake - but they are all counted and in the diary, I figure I showed real restraint not giving in and eating the second free cheeseburger.

I made the smash pizza on Saturday, but I forgot to take a photo - I will take one next time I make one.  It was very filling, I think I made the base a bit too dry and I didn't roll it thin enough but other than that it was pretty good.  I didn't feel too deprived when they were eating the proper stuff.  I followed the Smash pizza recipe on Jess Collings' wonderful blog;  although I had mozzarella, olives, pepperoni and roast chicken on mine.

I also made some chickpea snacks thanks to a helpful hint from someone in my SW group.  I drained a can of chickpeas, laid them out on a baking tray, sprayed with fry light and sprinkled with season all and cooked for 15 minutes.  I ate them still warm, was a bit like those hot peanuts you get in bars - quite yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment