Tuesday 22 March 2011

Slimming World Internet Recipe Trials

Mum and I decided to experiment with some Slimming World recipes we had seen online for tea tonight.  We had both independently come across recipes for Diet Coke Chicken, and were intrigued to try it.

The basic recipe was

4 skinless chicken breasts
2 onions
1 can diet coke
1 tsp worcestershire suace
3 tbsp pasatta

Basically you fry off the chicken and onion until the chicken is starting to colour then add the other three ingredients and cook off until the sauce has thickened.  We tested the sauce and decided it was a bit bland for our tastes so added the following

1 tsp chilli powder (ideally this would have been fried off with the meat at the start)
1 tsp chicken bovril
another tbsp pasatta

We cooked off the extra ingredients and served it with boiled rice.

The added heat from the chilli and the salt from the stock definitely gave it a more rounded flavour.


I think I was impatient to get eating as it is still a bit steamy - oopps!

The second experiment came courtesy of a fellow blogger at Slimming World Recipes, she has some interesting recipes and this one caught my eye, well who wouldn't say no to syn free crisps.

I was very impressed by how like crisps they were, so moreish and dead easy to do.  I have a horrible feeling the slimming world mafia may not approve, they can be awful funny about things like this.  But assuming I don't gain weight this week, I will definitely try these again.


No comments:

Post a Comment